Friends and animal lovers, I recently found a dog on the streets on my way home from class, long story short the owner likely dumped her but she is old and has an anal tumor so instead of her being put down, I am keeping her. Faithful friends wants to work with me to make the surgery more affordable but I still don’t have money to pay for it. I entered Radio 104.5’s ugly Christmas sweater contest in hopes of winning money to pay for the surgery. If you would, please vote for me and share this post. You have to register to vote and can vote once every 24 hours until December 8th. Please vote, I would really appreciate it and I know Holly will too. Thanks everyone!
Click the link below to vote!
1. There are plenty of ways to enter a pool. The stairs is not one of them.
2. Never cancel dinner plans by text message.
3. Don’t knock it ‘til you try it.
4. If a street performer makes you stop walking, you owe him a buck.
5. Always use ‘we’ when referring to your home team or your government.
6. When entrusted with a secret, keep it.
7. Don’t underestimate free throws in a game of ‘horse’.
8. Just because you can doesn’t mean you should.
9. Don’t dumb it down.
10. You only get one chance to notice a new haircut.
11. If you’re staying more than one night, unpack.
12. Never park in front of a bar.
13. Expect the seat in front of you to recline. Prepare accordingly.
14. Keep a picture of your first fish, first car, and first boy/girlfriend.
15. Hold your heroes to a high standard.
16. A suntan is earned, not bought.
17. Never lie to your doctor.
18. All guns are loaded.
19. Don’t mention sunburns. Believe me, they know.
20. The best way to show thanks is to wear it. Even if it’s only once.
21. Take a vacation of your cell phone, internet, and TV once a year.
22. Don’t fill up on bread, no matter how good.
23. A handshake beats an autograph.
24. Don’t linger in the doorway. In or out.
25. If you choose to go in drag, don’t sell yourself short.
26. If you want to know what makes you unique, sit for a caricature.
27. Never get your hair cut the day of a special event.
28. Be mindful of what comes between you and the Earth. Always buy good shoes, tires, and sheets.
29. Never eat lunch at your desk if you can avoid it.
30. When you’re with new friends, don’t just talk about old friends.
31. Eat lunch with the new kids.
32. When traveling, keep your wits about you.
33. It’s never too late for an apology.
34. Don’t pose with booze.
35. If you have the right of way, take it.
36. You don’t get to choose your own nickname.
37. When you marry someone, remember you marry their entire family.
38. Never push someone off a dock.
39. Under no circumstances should you ask a woman if she’s pregnant.
40. It’s not enough to be proud of your ancestry; live up to it.
41. Don’t make a scene.
42. When giving a thank you speech, short and sweet is best.
43. Know when to ignore the camera.
44. Never gloat.
45. Invest in good luggage.
46. Make time for your mom on your birthday. It’s her special day, too.
47. When opening presents, no one likes a good guesser.
48. Sympathy is a crutch, never fake a limp.
49. Give credit. Take blame.
50. Suck it up every now and again.
51. Never be the last one in the pool.
52. Don’t stare.
53. Address everyone that carries a firearm professionally.
54. Stand up to bullies. You’ll only have to do it once.
55. If you’ve made your point, stop talking.
56. Admit it when you’re wrong.
57. If you offer to help don’t quit until the job is done.
58. Look people in the eye when you thank them.
59. Thank the bus driver.
60. Never answer the phone at the dinner table.
61. Forgive yourself for your mistakes.
62. Know at least one good joke.
63. Don’t boo. Even the ref is somebody’s son.
64. Know how to cook one good meal.
65. Learn to drive a stick shift.
66. Be cool to younger kids. Reputations are built over a lifetime.
67. It’s okay to go to the movies by yourself.
68. Dance with your mother/father.
69. Don’t lose your cool. Especially at work.
70. Always thank the host.
71. If you don’t understand, ask before it’s too late.
72. Know the size of your boy/girlfriend’s clothes.
73. There is nothing wrong with a plain t-shirt.
74. Be a good listener. Don’t just wait for your turn to talk.
75. Keep your word.
76. In college, always sit in the front. You’ll stand out immediately.
77. Carry your mother’s bags. She carried you for nine months.
78. Be patient with airport security. They’re just doing their jobs.
79. Don’t be the talker in a movie.
80. The opposite sex likes people who shower.
81. You are what you do, not what you say.
82. Learn to change a tire.
83. Be kind. Everyone has a hard fight ahead of them.
84. An hour with grandparents is time well spent. Ask for advice when you need it.
85. Don’t litter.
86. If you have a sister, get to know her boyfriend. Your opinion is important.
87. You won’t always be the strongest or the fastest. But you can be the toughest.
88. Never call someone before 9am or after 9pm.
89. Buy the orange properties in Monopoly.
90. Make the little things count.
91. Always wear a bra at work.
92. There is a fine line between looking sultry and slutty. Find it.
93. You’re never too old to need your mom.
94. Ladies, if you make the decision to wear heels on the first date, commit to keeping them on and keeping your trap shut about how much your feet kill.
95. Know the words to your national anthem.
96. Your dance moves might not be the best, but I promise making a fool of yourself is more fun then sitting on the bench alone.
97. Smile at strangers.
98. Make goals.
99. Being old is not dictated by your bedtime.
100. If you have to fight, punch first and punch hard.
26 Male Survivors Of Sexual Assault Quoting The People Who Attacked Them
This needs more notes.
no one seems to care if they are guys
reminder that rape and sexual abuse happens to everyone, not just girls
This is really powerfull
I turned into a giant squid of anger at this. I can’t believe this fucker doctor had the nards to just up and blurt that, and there are people who won’t even realize what a fucktruck he is and AGGH. ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME?! If you aren’t super savvy on health insurance, lemme explain you a thing.
A lot of doctors hate health insurance beause it standardizes prices of healthcare. If a doctor accepts an insurance, they have to accept whatever the insurance company pays them. So, you go to a physical, and the doctor says I want $400 for a 15 minute appointment, taking your bloodpressure and checking your reflexes, etc. Insurance company says “Aw hell no, dude. That’s ridiculous. Here’s your approved $75, and you’re gonna like it. And if you dare bill the rest to the patient, we’ll kick your ass into next Wednesday.”
This doctor is saying that he prefers people to not have health insurance. Why? Beacuse then there’s no one to tell him his prices are fucking insane, and you get stuck with a stupidly high bill for everything he does.
This isn’t just some asshat whinging about paperwork. This is pure, unadulterated greed. And it’s utterly sickening. THIS is why Obamacare is getting such pushback, by the way. It makes me ill.
I’m not sure if I reblogged this photoset earlier, but the added commentary is golden and completely on target. I process provider claims for a living and let me tell you what, you have not seen true balls until you’ve seen a doctor charge $3.000 for a procedure or medical equipment that we’re going to pay them maybe $50 for.
Joan Rivers called Jennifer Lawrence arrogant because Jennifer had this to say about Joan Rivers’ show:
There are shows like ‘Fashion Police’ that are just showing these generations of young people to judge people based on all the wrong values and that it’s OK to point at people and call them ugly or fat. They call it ‘fun’ and they say ‘welcome to the real world’ — and that shouldn’t be the real world. It’s going to continue being the real world if we keep it that way. We have to stop treating each other like that and stop calling each other fat.
Jennifer was asked for her opinion and she answered honestly. I find it hilarious that Joan Rivers, who makes a living by criticizing people’s fashion choices, is calling Jennifer Lawrence arrogant because she gave her honest opinion. I’m not sure that Rivers understands the definition of “arrogance”, because Jennifer didn’t say anything self-important or conceited.
Cows kill approximately 22 people every single year in the US. Sharks are responsible for <1 death in the US, and fewer than six worldwide.
A few more animals more likely to kill you than sharks: deer (130 deaths in the US per year), dogs (30-35 deaths in the US per year) and horses (20 deaths per year)